What is a virtual assistant?
A virtual assistant is a self-employed professional that provides administrative support to clients from a remote location.
What does a Virtual Assistant do?
A virtual assistant provides the same type of support as office staff or an administrative assistant, however, they are not physically located in your office. Administrative work, social media management, and document creation are examples of work a virtual assistant can help you with.
Why should I outsource my tasks and projects?
Your company may not be big enough for an employee, so you spend a lot of your time doing non-billable work, when you would rather spend that time working with your clients.This can lead to burnout and takes the joy out of what you do. Outsourcing tasks and projects allows you to focus on what you need to be doing in your business – connecting with clients and customers, generating revenue, and growing your business.
What are the benefits of hiring a Virtual Assistant?
- Save money on operational costs as you only pay for time spent on projects
- Save money on Human Resources - no recruiting process, no sick days, no payroll deductions
- Cut out the things you don’t love to do by delegating them to someone who does
- Less stress about unfinished tasks
- More time to do what you love
- Secondary, repetitive, and time consuming tasks are off your plate, freeing you up to focus on your clients - even small tasks take time and can quickly add up to hours
How do I know if a Virtual Assistant can help my business?
The first step is to get a free consultation. During that conversation, I’ll learn more about your business, your goals, and your needs. I will help you see which tasks can be outsourced, freeing up time for you to grow your business.
What types of tasks do you handle?
- Manage a monthly email newsletter
- Bulk mailings (Mail Chimp)
- Book travel and plan itineraries
- Email management (screening & standardized responses)
- Update your Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software
- Data entry
- Database creation and updates
- Editing and proofreading services - proposals, agreements, website content, etc
- Transcription of audio or video content
- Typing and Word Processing - create, edit, and format documents, proposals, blogs, e-books, etc
- Powerpoint presentations
- Social media postings
- Website updates
- Website review (for errors and broken links)
- Moderating blogs or Facebook pages
How will I know the status of my project?
I will be providing you with weekly status updates so you always know what is in progress and what tasks have been completed.
How do I communicate with you?
Email is usually the best way to submit questions or requests, however, phone calls, Skype, Hangouts, and more can be used to stay in touch.
How quickly will you respond when I contact you?
All calls and e-mails will be returned within one business day.
What are your hours of operation?
My business hours are Monday – Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm Eastern Standard Time.
Can you handle rush jobs?
I understand that things pop up and you need help immediately. For rush jobs, there is a 25% surcharge for less than 24 hours’ notice and a 30% surcharge for evenings, weekends, or Canadian holidays.
Do you have a holiday schedule?
De Winter Services observes all Canadian public national holidays.
Do I have to pay the usual payroll deductions (ie, CPP, EI, tax, etc)?
Tia De Winter and De Winter Services are hired as independent contractors and are not eligible for any benefits programs or tax withholding obligations on the part of the client.
What is your payment and pricing policy?
You will be billed according to the plan or contract that is created for you. Invoices are in Canadian currency, and will be submitted based on the payment schedule set out in your contract. Payment is due upon receipt. A 2% per month late penalty charge will apply to any delinquent accounts.
Are there any additional charges?
The following expenses incurred on behalf of the client will be billed at direct cost:
- Long distance charges
- Courier charges
- Mailing costs
- Travel time
- Travel Expenses if site visit is requested
- Specialty paper
- Specialty software